Wednesday, February 17, 2010

How To Remove And Replace My Bathtub On A Concrete Slab How Do I Replace A Wall Of Tiles In My Bathroom With Just Regular Painted Walls?

How do I replace a wall of tiles in my bathroom with just regular painted walls? - how to remove and replace my bathtub on a concrete slab

Currently I have a beautiful tone of pink tile walls in the bathroom. I want to get rid of the tiles on the walls around the tub not. Can the tiles and plaster it? The walls are concrete (or something like that. It is not) drywall. I wonder if I could plaster or something and paint it? Thank you!

6 comments:

Hank said...

It is probably a block wall. The tiles need to pop with ease. There are several ways to deal with what is under the tile. Probably the easiest would be to attach strips of block wall and then install 1 / 2 "drywall.

A plaster wall is also very simple if you can very cleanly block wall tiles come after removal. If the block wall is bad enough, two-Rock make (brown coat / thin was made) ready.

paul R said...

Have you thought about leaving the boxes and paint them? You can paint a special primer that allows you to basically buy the tiles, it would save a lot of hard work?

jtr_06 said...

You can buy a special primer on the tile, allow to dry overnight, then use drywall mud to paint walls smooth. This is the simplest and cleanest way to do this.

tearsoft... said...

You can simply delete tiles.There is a ploy to cast smoothly, you might want the role, someone else has done drywall, you will see a line.

joemammy... said...

You could do that, or you can put a piece of drywall (after removal boxes, or you can) Gypsum bear on it.

It would be easier to finish the scene have a whole wall of stucco.

troy said...

The tiles and sale of thin plaster removal can put in boxes and such, where there is no other way to the tips, which may be filled according to the drywall. Then just paint. It would be easier to try it, it look level.

Post a Comment